MultiGrip Fixed Jaws
VersaBuilt’s MultiGrip Fixed Jaws are solid aluminum left and right jaws, with robot and gripper features on the bottom and front, respectively. The MultiGrip Fixed Jaws include three interfaces:
1. MultiGrip Vise Interface
2. MultiGrip Gripper Interface
3. Machinable Top for milling pocket for clamping a work-piece, for both robot pick and place and machining.
The MultiGrip Vise Interface allows the jaws to be accurately and securely held by the vise simply by clamping on the MultiGrip Base Jaws.
The MultiGrip Gripper Interface allows a robot with the VersaBuilt MultiGrip Gripper to unload the MultiGrip Base jaws from a vise, pick, place or transfer parts and then load the MultiGrip Base jaws back to the vise for processing. MultiGrip Fixed Jaws are available in OD and ID clamping versions.
OD Jaws include an aluminum 1/8” spacer used to machine jaw pocket with a 1/8” nominal gap between left and right jaws during clamping of a workpiece.
ID jaws require an ID clamping fixture, P/N 5007434 available separately, to set the 0.39” nominal gap between left and right jaws during clamping of a workpiece.
A MultiGrip Load Tool is available separately to ease hand-loading of MultiGrip Base Jaws on a MultiGrip vise. The MultiGrip Jaw Load Tool is used to aid the manual loading and unloading of MultiGrip Jaws to/from MultiGrip Vises without the need to squeeze OD Jaws or pry ID Jaws. Save your muscles and joints by using the MultiGrip Jaw Load Tool.
- Automation-enabled CNC workholding
- Manufactured using precision 5-axis CNC
- Jaw repeatability of 0.0005” (robot or hand loaded)
- Dedicated part jaws maximize part payload and minimize overall jaw height
- Fast part change-over
- Robot or Hand load
- OD (outside diameter) or ID (inside diameter) clamping options